1. "They will ask you how to traverse life.
Answer: Like crossing an abyss upon a taut string –
Beautifully, carefully, and fleetly."
2. "...The world is perpetually evolving, in ever-increasing striving and motion. People do not look into the future, but secretly dream about an impossible static condition. But there can be no static evolution. The spiral of evolution is an eternal ascent that even the convulsions of chaos cannot arrest. …We must evolve, otherwise We shall be transformed into mummies." [Supermundane, 97]
3. "Please understand that the spirals of evolution can be accelerated only if senseless human opposition ceases." [Supermundane, 300]
4. "Let us not forget the wise words, “And this, too, will pass.” An impetuous motion will never bring one back to the same place." [Heart, 164]
5. "The speed of life will seem frightening until people develop a speed of thought sufficient to outstrip it. People must accept cosmic conditions or there will be dangerous discord." [Supermundane, 255]
6. "Each striving is saturated with the fire of spirit." [Hierarchy, 72]
7. "...The warmth of the heart speeds as swiftly as a sunbeam." [Heart, 62]
8. "But one should become accustomed to the hurried path, no other exists. A great number of unfortunates and sufferers are counting the moments, waiting for help. Indeed, ought we not hasten?" [Fiery World II, 150]
9. "...The impetuosity of the spirit is very good if it has a constant and definite rhythm, but breakdowns or interruptions are always very dangerous. One breakdown can carry you far back. Therefore, if a person can firmly and steadily follow the path he has set for himself, then he will achieve his goal." [Letters of Helena Roerich in 9 Volumes - 6. 074]
10. "Impetuousness is valuable when it is the result of full consciousness." [Aum, 560]
11. "To pass life "like an abyss on a string" means to pass it swiftly. We will understand impetuosity not in the legs, but in the aspiring flight of the spirit into the future, in the aspiring progress forward ..." [Facets of Agni Yoga 1968, 303]
12. "During times of speedy progress broad measures must be applied. There is neither old nor new, there is only eternal learning. One can study ancient legends and respect them, but evolution is accelerating, and balance must be maintained. …Let us not fear the existence of opposing positions. Opposition is the way to progress. The Thinker asked the disciples not to fear battle, and said, “One must learn to fly in thought.”" [Supermundane, 612]